Note: Two-factor authentication (2FA) is mandatory for Mason employees
to access the Cisco AnyConnect VPN
HOW TO: GET EMERGENCY ACCESS
Emergency Bypass Code
If you are unable to access any of your devices you may request an Emergency Bypass Code that will be sent to the alternate email that you used during enrollment.
Requesting an Emergency Bypass Code
- On a web browser go to the 2FA webpage, 2fa.gmu.edu. Click 2FA Account Login on the bottom right.
- Login with your Mason NetID and Patriot Pass Password
- Click Request Emergency Bypass Code at the bottom of the page
- You will get a confirmation page that the bypass code was sent to your alternate email address.
- Check the alternate email account that you used during enrollment to access your bypass code.
Using the Emergency Bypass Code
- Open Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your computer.
- Begin logging into Cisco AnyConnect VPN with your Mason NetID.
- For the password you will use your Patriot Pass Password followed by a comma and the bypass code you were given.
- For example: password,725495
- After you complete the authentication you will then be logged in on Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
2FA Account Reset Request
If you are unable to access any of your devices and you do not have an alternate email address you can complete the 2FA Account Reset Request Form electronically (this link will take you to our forms vendor, Dynamic Forms).
Note: If you submit this request, all devices will be removed from your account, and you will be required to go through the initial setup procedure again. Before you submit this form, make sure you have access to a phone number with a U.S. number. If you are unable to do so, please contact the ITS Support Center for further assistance.