2FA is now required for all employees to access Patriot Web and Banner-related applications.
USING 2FA WITH CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN
When you log in to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN you will use your enrolled device to confirm that it is you attempting to connect to Cisco AnyConnect VPN and not someone else.
When authenticating to the Cisco AnyConnect Client, Duo automatically determines the best approach to request the second factor for authentication based on your enrolled devices.
- If you have previously enrolled a device that enables push notifications (smartphone or tablet), Duo will send you a PUSH Notification requesting approval to the first such device listed in your account.
- If you do not have a device that uses Duo Push, you will receive a phone call requesting approval to the first phone number listed in your account.
- If you wish to use an alternate method, refer to the "How to Use Multiple Devices" section of the
Advanced Features page. See the
List of 2FA Authentication Options.
If you need more information about Cisco AnyConnect VPN go to
Authenticate with your Enrolled Device
- Open Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your computer.
- Type your
VPN group URL and click
- When asked for your login information type your Mason NetID and Patriot Pass Password and click
- The device that you have enrolled will require you to approve the request.
- Note: Duo will attempt to contact you 6 times if you do not respond
- Are you using a Smartphone/Tablet or Mobile/Landline phone?
- Your device will notify you of a Duo Mobile App request or you'll need to open the App. (Note: Verify on your phone that notifications are turned on for the Duo Mobile App)
- You will be asked to approve or deny the authentication request.
approve on your device to complete the authentication request.
- Your mobile phone or landline phone will ring.
- Follow the phone prompts to authenticate.
Passcode (Duo Mobile App, Yubikey, or Bypass code)
- You will then be logged into Cisco AnyConnect VPN.